Week 36: Weigh-in Results

1. Matt says:

Hey don’t sweat it man. When I was going through my weight loss, I slowed down to about 2 pounds a week right around 220.

Chic-Fil-A is awesome though. I think they have some better healthy alternatives than other fast food places. The wraps and grilled chicken sandwiches are pretty good. I think you just have to skip the fries, which sucks cause they are great.

The waffle fries are oh so good.

I’d be happy with two pounds a week, though. I hope I can keep those numbers up.

3. Steve says:

Hey Tyler,

Congrats man, only 26 more lbs to go. I’m pretty pumped for the day when you can look down at the scale and see 199. Looking back at your diet, I agree that moderation is a big factor. If there’s one thing I would recommend you chop out if you really want to drop the pounds is soda. All the sugar in those things turns to fat almost immediately in your system. Just chug water all the time, try to cut out the coke, and hopefully that weight will come off just a little quicker.

Keep it up!

-Steve

4. Don says:

Dude, I think you can do it! Two pounds a week. Not too shabby. I’ll try if you try.
    (btw, I guess this means I have graduated from lurker to commenter)

5. Britty says:

Ahh I gained like 15 pounds from eating Chic-Fil-A all of the time a while back. Big mistake. I’ve since rectified the problem. 🙂

Don’t worry though, one pound is still one pound!!! You lost weight! Keep your motivation up and try to stay away from any sort of fast food. We know you can do it!

6. bossymommy says:

Still a loss, T. More water, less soda. More fruit, less chick-fil-a. You already know that stuff, though. And Steve is ooooh so right. I think you’ll be amazed at how much it will affect your weight loss if you cut waaay back on the sugary sodas. Those are empty calories that don’t leave you anything but hungrier. Promise.

7. kate says:

Down is down! Well, if you’re gonna have fast food make sure you get something that almost instantly makes you poop?

8. will says:

That’s right, man! It’s like Jillian says: “Don’t drink your calories!” (Unless it’s beer, lol. Or a couple of salty margaritas. Then we gotta talk.)

I can’t believe we’re down to 13 weeks. I’ll hit my 100 pounds at 191, and I’ve been stuck here in the high 2-teens for weeks. 218.2 last Friday. I’m really working to reach goal by year’s end, too, though definitely want to be there by race day, Jan 10. Here’s to both of us making it happen!

9. Cassi says:

I gained .6 this week Tyler..so be happy with your pound babe!! I can’t wait until I can hit ONEderland myself!! It will be sometime next year…but I WILL get there =) Congrats on all you have achieved so far!!

10. Juncti says:

1lb is still 1lb less to lose.

Though I have to agree with Will on this. Was the first thing that popped to mind. Jillian screaming “don’t drink your calories!”. lol

After working out lately, I can’t imagine undoing almost an hour of biking for a drink. Then again you’ve lost a ton of weight so don’t change things too much.

As for chicken, it’s not all bad. I made an awesome low calorie buffalo chicken this past weekend. 10oz of chicken, lots of flavor, and only 350 Calories. Here’s the recipe/cooking instructions if you want them. http://www.scattershotmind.com/buffalochicken Also put up a picture of it, but it looked better on the little camera screen than full size. I’ll have to get a better picture this weekend.

Thanks for swinging by my weigh in yesterday as well!

11. I think you have done an amazing job! I lost 150 pounds and have kept it off 12 years. My weight loss slowed during the last pounds. I love Chick-fil-A – but only every once in a while!

12. rrpf says:

Tyler…still very inspiring. How about a new workout playlist!!!???

Jillian also pushes weight loss pills, I believe. I don’t like drinking calories, but I also like living life.

Good luck on your date! My fail safe is Jan 15, which would be the 1-year mark for this journey.

That sounds good man — thanks for the link. Yeah, I am fully aware when I was 20-30 minutes on the StairMaster for a couple of Oreos or something.

Not a lot of value in it.

Coming soon, my friend!

Thanks for the kind words and congratulations on your weight loss journey, as well.

You WILL get there. Thanks!

More soda, no fruit, chic-fil-a 24/7.

Got it.

Oh. High in fiber waffle fries?

I don’t want to stay away from fast food all the time, though! I want to moderate it enough to where it doesn’t impact my overall health, well being, and weight, but other than that, I’m all for some Chic-Fil-A!

I’m glad! Congrats on the upgrade.

I’m pretty pumped, too. I don’t drink a lot of soda, last week was a huge exception — I’m all about the H20.

23. am says:

Great job, Tyler. I admire how when you slip a little, you admit it, reconcile, and get back on track. You’ve lost 120 lbs, and you’ve done it with your “moderate” approach. A couple sodas and “chik-fil-a’s won’t derail you! Your overall dedication will overcome them. Keep it up!

24. Tim says:

Well done for your loss!!, I am on 222 lbs and I am aiming to get to 190 by the new yeatr as well.. I only started last week, and you are my added motivation!.. Keep it up!
    Tim From England