Counting Calories: October 12 – 17

1. Barry Hughes says:

Tyler, I just started following your blog. What is your daily calorie limit? You give me motivation to carry on.

2. Jason says:

Tyler, thanks for posting the weekend updates. 🙂
    I know it’s a lot of hard work but it will pay off dividends in a few months.

If you’re like me, you like a big spread on Sunday’s for football. Here’s a tip I picked up from a friend. Have all the food on the table in the kitchen and make a plate and bring it to the living room to eat while watching. If it’s not in front of you, you won’t snack mindlessly (especially during those tense situations) and you can keep better track of food intake.

Good luck!

3. Larkspur says:

Eggs do seem to stick really well. I like mine with a little cheese and a slice of Ezekiel toast.

Sounds delicious.

That’s a good idea. I’m more of a Saturday football fan, not Sunday. Go Gamecocks!

I don’t really have a limit. I like to stay below 1,800-2,200 calories, but that’s negotiable.

7. JL says:

I have been setting aside Saturday as my cheat day! Still have to live a little bit. My goals on a Saturday’s is to stay within my weight maintence level. It is tough while tailgating!

Ever try eggbeaters? I have been using them in subsitute for egg – not to bad, least I think – only 30 cal per 1/4 cup

8. Annette says:

Couple of questions:
    Do you plan your meals out in advance or just count as you go? Also, what type of bread do you use for your sandwiches. Thanks for the continued inspiration. Just wish I could drop weight the way you have been.

Saturday is by far my cheat day. I’m a college football fan and I can’t watch a game eating salad and carrots. I don’t like associating food with an event or socializing, but let’s be real, I like eating and watching football.

I haven’t tried eggbeaters, but I don’t really want to take away calories from breakfast — I need to have more calories in the morning and less in the afternoon!

I plan my meals in advance. Not like days in advance, but I tend to plan my meals before the next one. I’ll know at lunch what I’m going to have for dinner.

If you don’t plan your meals at least a few hours in advance you’ll end up stopping by the place with the greasy bags and 99 cent heart attacks for a quick, easy meal.

I’m done with those meals.

Oh, and bread — honey wheat.

12. bossymommy says:

I agree with you on that, T. Plus, I think egg beaters are icky.