Week 44: Weigh-in Results

1. bossymommy says:

Punkin pie.

I’m sure I’ll eat what I want and feel guilty about it on Friday. I’m not quite as mentally healthy as you are about this food stuff. Better than I used to be, but still not where I’d like to be.

If I was there, I’d seriously kick your trash at soccer (’cause I cheat).

Congrats on another awesome week. You inspire me every day, T. That’s just one of the many things I’m thankful for. :)Happy Turkey Day.

2. eric says:

whats up man…i jus wanted to let u know good job on the weight lost and that ur my inspiration on my journey but i have 3 quick questions

1. do the faans on ur site 344pounds help you or hurt you on ur weightloss? do u feel as tho u HAVE to lose wight for them or what

2. how does it feel drinking soda again? i havent d…rinkin a s single soda since april 9th[the start of my wight loss]

3. why would u stop using 344pounds.com? didnt u say something about putting on 20 pounds of muscle or something..plus the marathon and etc

3. Britty says:

After dinner, I’m playing my annual NYC football game with my cousins! It’s always on a side street, so hopefully we’ll avoid being run over by a rogue cabbie.

Stuff like that is a great way to enjoy your family while making sure you don’t end up in a food coma. 🙂

Congrats on the weight loss – and don’t be so negative! Enjoy Thanksgiving and keep working out! Maybe you’ll surprise yourself and lose another pound.

4. Dan says:

nice work on another drop in weight. i agree, thanksgiving is 1 day, so enjoy it. besides, 1 meal or 1 day of free for all eating won’t make you fat, it is multiple instances of that bad behavior that does it. take care. -Dan

5. beej says:

Nice work, Ty!

Since I just passed the 100 pound lost mark, I’ll be trying to limit my food. That being said, I know I’ll enjoy it without going crazy. As in everything so far, I’ll be doing it in moderation…and maybe no pecan pie…

Have a great Turkey Day!

6. Steve says:

Well look at you all gettin’ thin and sh*t..WooT! hehe

I’ll be out of town for Thanksgiving with a friend, the official family dinner is postponed until next week b/c my mom is working, so I’ll be shoving my face (hopefully with SOME restraint) then.

Happy Thanksgiving!

7. Matt says:

Soccer on Thanksgiving?! What are you Canadian or 8 years old?

Seriously though, I’ll enjoy everything I eat this year, but I won’t gorge myself. I’ll stay within range of my calorie goal, because I am learning that I’ll feel better “full” versus stuffed.

So turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, cranberrys (not the stuff out of a can!), and some alabama pecan pie.

8. nuqotw says:

Eat something tasty – you’ve earned it!

9. Leah says:

I signed up for my first 5K on Thanksgiving morning. I also try to use just one plate at dinner, so I get a small piece of everything. We have BIG gatherings with something like 30 dishes, so my plates usually pretty full with 2 bites of everything. Appetizers are my downfall – my plan is to eat them, then MOVE AWAY. If I get stuck in a conversation near the apps, I’m done for.

Have a fun and happy Thanksgiving!!

10. Juncti says:

Will any family be seeing you for the first time since the start of the diet? If so you should get someone to go in first recording video or something and get their reaction lol

I’d imagine they would be stunned if they haven’t seen you in a while.

11. Alisha says:

Ryans. Its all you can eat, and being single…I cant see making a dinner for myself!

12. Craig says:

I plan on going somewhere in the middle. While not pigging out like before, at all, I do plan on enjoying msyelf and not counting calories on thursday. or half of Friday either 🙂
    Hoping to get back to the exercise on Friday tho…and let that be just a small speedbump on the road I”m on.

Congrats on another loss–you’re doing great as always…love the weekly updates!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Pumpkin pie is disgusting. I don’t like anything but chocolate pie. With whipped cream.

1. They help me. They keep me accountable and I feel a *little* disappointed if I don’t lose because of them.

2. It doesn’t feel good or bad. I didn’t drink soda for about the first 6 months. I still don’t keep any soda in the house and only drink it at restaurants — sometimes.

I love football, and will be bringing a football as well. It’s just a soccer ball guarantees I can play (either by myself or with family) and I need 2+ people with a football.

That’s exactly it, Dan!

That’s a good stance to take. If I had just hit that 100 milestone I definitely would be careful!

I don’t know about thin, but we’re getting thin-ner. In any case, Happy Thanksgiving!

Soccer allows me to play by myself. While I’m sure some family won’t mind playing, I can run around with a soccer ball by myself. That’s how it’s better than football.

I can’t stand cranberries, you can keep them!

Chocolate pie AND banana pudding.

Appetizers are my downfall, as well. You’re just sitting around talking to everyone and it’s easy to eat several hundred calories just snacking.

Yes, a lot of family. I’ve heard them all, “who’s that?,” “who’s that with you?,” “where’d the rest of you go,?” etc.

It actually annoys me a little these days, heh.

Ryan’s steakhouse! I didn’t know they had any of those downtown where you lived. All I know is about the one near my neck of the woods, Garners Ferry or Two Notch.

I’m hoping to hit the gym on Saturday, when I get back in town from my in-law’s. I’m back on track though by Sunday at the latest and will be extremely motivated and dedicated until Christmas break.

25. David Foust says:

“3. Why would I? Because it’s taken up thousands of hours of my time over the last year.”

Just started following you and id like to say i appreciate your effort you put into your website. Maybe start trying to limit your time on here so it doesn’t feel like it takes up so much time. (like once a week or something)

Hope you enjoyed your thanksgiving, i know i did

26. Josie says:

I hope you enjoyed your holiday, Tyler.

I walked a 5k Turkey Trot that morning. For appetizers we put out fresh fruits and veggies which everyone loved and it didn’t matter how much I ate of that stuff. For dinner, I decided to forego the mashed potatoes which is a weakness food of mine. I still have almost 100 pounds to lose so I’m nowhere near the point where it would be ok for me to just splurge, ya know?

27. Cory says:

I’m a little behind here, but happy thanksgiving Tyler! I decided to forgo stuffing this year, not a huge sacrifice on my part LOL! And I hear ya on pumpkin pie…. urrrggh, gross. I’m thankful you have this blog, it motivates me. And I’m thankful I survived cancer this year. The unexpected 30 pound weight loss was a nice bonus. And I’m thankful my hubby and son are healthy. 🙂