Not Attending Bridge Run

1. Erin says:

Oh Tyler! I’m so sorry to hear that you’re missing out on the race. The exact same thing happened to me a couple weeks back – I was incredibly psyched to run my first 5k, and I got sick with an awful cold just a few days before. The race shirt I got beforehand seems like such a lie =P

There will be other races, especially with the summer months upon us, so chin up and feel better!

2. Michelle says:

Tyler,

Your health is the most important thing. Sponsors and family will learn to deal with that.

Don’t be disappointed, there is always another run, this wasn’t meant to be. Many people don’t get the chance to even consider this as possibility, let it give you more strength to accomplish the next one.

3. Kyle Farmer says:

Tyler – That just sucks for you and your family. I hope you feel better real soon!

4. Chris says:

That sucks, but think long term, it’s just one race, one day. Rest up!

5. Joey says:

Every runner’s worst fear is being sick or injured for the big race you’ve just spent weeks and months training and preparing for. Simple fact is that you can’t race if you’re sick.

I did my first race a few weeks ago (5K) and I’m planning on doing a 10K on April 10 and a half marathon on April 24. It’s fun stuff! If you check out your local running club, I bet there is another 5K you can run in the next week or so.

Also, don’t forget to return your timing chip or you’ll probably get charged around $30 for it.

Awwwww Tyler, that sucks. Its not like you’re deciding not to do it. Running sick probably is a real downer not not mention probably not good for you.

Next time boo. Next time!

7. Gurl says:

Tyler,
    I am sorry to hear that you are sick, and that its keeping you from doing something you seemed to really be looking forward to. Hope you are feeling better soon.
    Gurl

8. Kim says:

How disappointing for you!! I really feel for you and really despise whatever bug that has knocked you down here. All temporary… you will have another shot at it. You will. Your determination is amazing.

9. Jerilyn says:

I’m so sorry for you! I had thought about you this morning- I decided (on a whim) to do my very first 10k run- Rock the Parkway and it was cold and dreary and raining but I finished dammit and I was freezing afterwards and it felt GREAT.

You will get that feeling. AFTER you feel better.

Hope you get well soon!

10. Nia says:

Oh I’m so sorry! I hope you feel better soon!

11. Shelli Belly says:

I’m so sorry!
    I’m glad you have a new race coming up soon.

12. I’m so sorry! That sucks! Now that I know about the race in April I’m thinking the husband and I might need to go visit the in-laws in Moncks Corner. 🙂

13. kate says:

Get well soon.

14. lori says:

fell better, it will pass.

15. I’m sorry to hear of your disappointment. It feels worse for having to ‘let others down.”
    I used to do 3 and 5 K races. I was pretty slow. Once my in’laws came to watch and I absolutely could not run. Every time I tried, my body wouldn’t co-operate. I ended up walking, with the emergency equipment following behind me.
    When I got home that night I discovered my son had pinworms. Next day we treated the whole family because we would all have them acting on us. That must have been what was going on with my body. I was left with the decision to tell my mil about the pinworms or let her keep judging me for my poor performance. hee hee I chose the latter.

16. Ashley says:

feel better soon!

17. Jay says:

Geez, that bad huh? Well I hope you feel better soon, your health is number one.

18. Cory says:

Suckage. Hope you’re back on your feet soon. I had my very first and I hope my last migraine a few weeks ago. I wanted to crawl in a hole and die it was so bad. I feel for you.

19. Jamie says:

Bummer, sorry to hear you’re missing the race. You should have your own informal 10k race once you’re feeling better. Just you. Not the same, sure, but at least you’ll be able to say you did it. You should even wear the shirt and your racing number.

20. Cathy says:

Awww, really sorry to hear that you’re sick! Hope you’re feeling better soon! *virtual soup*

21. Erin says:

Tyler, I’m so sorry! Good for you for putting your health first, though. Also, being sick, you probably wouldn’t have been satisfied with your time – wait until you’re good and healthy and try again. Don’t sweat the small stuff – you’re doing great things. Keep up the incredible work.