Sensible Approach to Losing Weight

1. BossyMommy says:

I love this. Thank you for sharing your story, Jeff. I think your determination to give up alcohol shows that your mind is in the right place. You’re not just thinking about your weight…you are thinking about your HEALTH. When we get control of our eating, especially when we’ve struggled with that for nearly a lifetime, it’s amazing how empowered we feel to take control in other areas.

Tyler, you’ve inspired many. I’d bet my way-too-big-ass that Jeff is just a drop in the bucket.

Props to both of you.

2. Jaclyn says:

Tyler the TANK,
    Im excited about Saturday Sharing. Its touching to see others reaction is equal to my own. Your pragmatism and realist based system is so achievable and sensible. It makes me happy. 🙂
    Thanks from all of us readers!
    Jacks

3. Jaclyn says:

OH, and p.s.: Im LOVIN’ the new layout! Your motto is what people in my circle call “amaze-balls”. Its basically amazing, with flare. Lose weight. Build muscle. Be a TANK! LOVE IT!

and p.s.s.: I totally ran 16 miles today!

What a fantastic idea! Though I don’t like crying this early in the morning!! It’s very humbling to see the effect you have on people Tyler. Shoot, you’re the reason I started this whole journey as I’m sure many other people would say the same thing.

I can only hope I’m half the person you are in my quest to lose this weight and discover what I’m capable of doing while showing other’s what they too are capable of doing.

Thanks for starting my day with this reminder!

5. Joann says:

Hey Tyler,

I think the Saturday e-mails are a great idea! We all want to share our journeys, the ups and downs, gains and losses, and celebrate the goals we reach.

It is wonderful that you have inspired so many people like Jeff to understand there is a way to lose weight without cutting out everything we love to eat. I agree that portion control is the key, and calories in, calories out. For me, I give myself permission on a weekend day to eat anything I want — IN MODERATION. This is the day I can have the cheeseburger and fries, but still try to leave part of it on the plate.

I found your blog about 3 months ago and have read every post, back to Day 1. Like Jeff, something inside me clicked and I realized that cutting portions, drinking more water, exercising more, and being accountable would help me make lifestyle changes that hopefully I can maintain once I reach my weight loss goal. You also inspired me to start blogging about my journey.

I would like you and your readers to stop by sometime at http://www.weightonmeat50@blogspot.com . I have just started this, but I welcome any comments or constructive criticism, or even just an “attagirl” from time to time.

Thank you again and again for your inspiration!

6. Jim says:

Glad to see the progress continues. It is great to be an inspiration to others, and we definitely need people like you, Tyler, to inspire others.

Jeff is an inspiration, and thanks for highlighting that it’s possible to make lifestyle changes that last, whether 24, like you, or 52, like Jeff.

I’m a 48-year-old who is down 55 pounds since last June. I’ve been at the gym consistently since last November and have added muscle, and am close to having the body I had in my late 20s. Amazing how you can turn back the clock with eating right and exercising.

Keep up the good work, Tyler. Kudos to Jeff, likewise.

I like tagline about building muscle, and being a tank!

7. Molly says:

Love reading your blogs and I think this is a great idea to share others stories. Keep doing what your doing Tyler!

8. Rick says:

Hey Tyler:
    Hi I just wanted to thank you for inspiring me to loose weight(for real this time), im 22, 6.2″, and a weigh 342.5lbs, I have some muscle but a lot of fat, I came to america back in 2005, I used to weigh 201lbs and that is my goal, I’m applying your technique and I already feel healthier and with more energy, I started this journey last monday, I’ll let you know how it goes, thanks again!

Ricardo

9. Kellie says:

I love your site because people think that it is all or nothing when it come to weigh loss and it really isn’t. It is calories in/calories out. I do think that people find that once they start tracking calories, they often choose foods that are lower in calories/higher is nutrition just to feel better and be able to eat more volume, but it is not entirely neccessary. I also think it is important for people to understand you have to eat. These starvation diets will do nothing but damage your metabolism. Great job showing the right way to lose…a way that is manageable and can be done for the long term.

10. Rose says:

Great post! I can’t wait to hear about more of your emails.

11. Denise says:

God bless you, Tyler! You have inspired so many.

12. Outstanding story. Love it, and some of it really hits home with me, the mental part mainly. I have also never felt this way about my food intake, exercise, etc. , until now.

The mental aspect is actually more important to me right now than the physical part. If I keep my mind focused in this direction there’s absolutely no way that I can fail.

Fantastic e-mail, Jeff.

13. Shellibelly says:

Thank you for sharing. Its such a powerful journey we’re on.

14. Jay says:

Great story.. we need to get Tyler some more news coverage to bring his story of success to other listeners. The more people know the easier it is to make the right choices.