Week 70: Weigh-in Results

1. Dan says:

Ty – I’ve been lifting for a long time and I currently am using Jim Wendler’s 5/3/1 – If you are ever looking for a new, simple, structured plan that is easy to follow, you should give it a try. Only warning is that it is written by a power lifter, meaning you will be doing squats, dead lifts, etc. I’m on my 2nd 4 week cycle of it and I’m loving it, mostly because I can dial the volume way down to accommodate my exhaustion from caring for a baby at night (sleep deprived all the time). It is an ebook you can order from elitefts.com for about $20

2. Dan says:

Also wanted to add…that’s a fancy microwave you have… LOL

3. Jaime says:

Tyler, you’re doing so great! I know it’s hard to not see yourself the way you want to right now, but it will get there eventually! Maybe only do photos once a month, that’s what they suggest on the P90X plan that so many people are doing right now. My cousin lost 5% body fat in one month of doing the workout and it really shows after that month, he’s much more defined.

I started lifting weights to get over a plateau but also to help with loose skin. It’s weird, after almost 5 years I’m just now starting to see a difference with the skin tightening up.

5. Tricia says:

I haven’t heard anyone quote from Major Payne in a way long time…haha, that’s awesome!

6. Lora says:

You’re such an inspiration to so many! Congrats, you look GREAT! P.S.~ I have that same microwave…lol!

7. Jaclyn says:

What are you talking about, I totally bench pressed my hubby yesterday.

Not.

🙂
    I decided I really dont care how long it takes, Ill just keep working at it. Not concerned with the scale, just the changes.

8. Jorge says:

Tyler, I think you are doing a great job keep up the good work. If you want to build up those arms don’t forget to workout your legs. It may sound funny but it’s true working the larger muscles in your body helps the smaller ones grow.

I.Want.To.Earn.It!!!!!

More than I ever thought possible.

10. The biceps are looking good, man. Keep it up! It’s all going to start falling into place here for you…the weights will be well worth it.

11. Tina says:

I recently had that thought too, is it worth it? When I feel my chest and ‘they’ are getting to be… deflated. That will only get worse, BUT like you, I KNOW it’s worth it!
    When I quote Major Payne, it’s “Killin-is-my-bid-niss, and-bid-niss-is-GOOOD!!!” But yours is much better LOL. I WANT TO EARN IT. Not much more to say then that is there? And you ARE earning it.
    As always, you are an inspiration. Keep up the good work.

12. Sean says:

Whats your lifting program like? Exercises/reps/days of the week?

13. Jerrett Fowler says:

Hey,

I just saw your website and noticed what you were doing. Congratulations on all your success, it really is an amazing feat! I personally went from about 430-450 (I can’t really tell how big I was because no scale would weigh me unless I went to a loading dock.. haha). I’m currently at about 241 pounds. I’m trying to get under 200 pounds. It’s such a hard thing to do!

I’m so very discouraged by my loose skin… How do you deal with it? Or how will you deal with it?

Thanks,