Choosing an Adult Sports League

1. I’m doing kickball and while it’s fun, you don’t burn many calories. It’s mostly standing around. If that’s a priority, I’d go with basketball or soccer.

2. Mark says:

DON’T do kickball! I played in my first (and last) kickball league this spring. It’s especially a waste of time if you’re looking to burn calories, and there surprisingly wasn’t much kicking going on in our league. Maybe it’s due to how the rules are set up, but most people got up and “bunted”. Very frustrating if you have even an ounce on competitiveness in your body. Good luck with whatever you choose, though.

3. sarah says:

Soccer is really good for burning lots of calories. I play on a rec league for women and its a lot of fun. I would suggest doing a co-ed league if you dont want extreme competition, mens leagues seem to be very competative even at the recreational levels. Co-ed is competative but still offers a lot of exercise and fun. I have found there is usually different skill levels of play in the park districts I have played at. So, even if you dont know how to play soccer there is still a league you could play in. Good Luck! Have fun!

4. Brenna says:

I would definitely say soccer! Although I am a little biased because I play college ball 😛 But soccer is a good aggressive sport that will definitely be challenging. And besides, once you get the basics down pat there are tons of cool tricks you can do with the ball!

5. Jay says:

I agree, soccer is a lot of fun, I didn’t think it would be at first, but I love it now.

I may join a soccer team this summer, dunno yet.

6. KT says:

Soccer and basketball would be great for losing weight. I have found that with kickball and softball leagues, people are mainly about drinking lots of beer then eating at bars afterwards. Not so good for a healthy diet.

For the winter months, a surprisingly good and fun workout is a dodgeball league!

7. Travis says:

Yeah, go with basketball. Of course, basketball is my first love.

GO BLUE DEVILS!

I think it’s a great idea! Turning fitness into something fun is the way to stick with it!

9. Campbell says:

Have to agree with Carolyn — kickball is mostly standing around and then binge drinking at a bar afterward. I’d think basketball or maybe soccer would be the best for exercise.

10. Nathan says: