Blood Pressure at Normal Levels

1. Allison M. says:

Just a side note, some overweight people will not be able to use the blood pressure machines at pharmacies yet because the cuff opening is too small for their arm. Some places to check it would be your local gym, or the hospital. I believe something as simple and helpful as these numbers would be free or very inexpensive. However, you are right, these numbers are very important as well as the number on the scale. Thank you for reminding us!

2. Cathy says:

Congratulations, that is a very important improvement.

3. Laura says:

I’ve been very very lucky. Despite that I’ve been so overweight for so long, my blood pressure has always been around 118/80-ish, except for when I’m really nervous. Then it goes up a bit, but it’s been consistently low, which I am very grateful for.

Great job on the weight loss, and congratulations on the low blood pressure! That’s such a great sign of your progress!

4. Mel Edwards says:

I also know many CVS pharmacies have Minute Clinics that have nurses or nurse practitioners who can check this fairly quickly. Good reminder and GREAT PROGRESS!

5. Jessica says:

Congrats! That’s so awesome!

6. Alan says:

I’m glad you recognize – and promote – that these are the truly important numbers. I’m down 30 pounds so far, but can’t wait until my BP is normal again.

7. jo says:

Mine is normal, but with a smidge of medication every day. I am hoping that when I have lost my 30 lbs, I will have no need of the meds.

8. kellied says:

Congratulations on being down 30 pounds! That in itself is something to celebrate!

9. rbhouser90 says:

Funny, because I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately. I’ve lost 32 pounds and have been wondering what level it’s at. I think I’ll stop by the store tomorrow morning and check.

10. Milo says:

Great job Tyler. I’ve not had my blood pressure taken recently but joining a new gym next week with full analysis so looking forward to it. Just wanted to say you are/have done a remarkable job and hope you keep it going. I’m going through a similar battle so feel your pain!! Drop by and say hello if you surf my way! Well done again, your dad would have been so proud.

lol, am I the only one actually coming here to leave my blood pressure reading 🙂

In the past I’ve always had pretty good blood pressure. Its always been in the “hey you’re just fine” range of 115 / 80 ish. Even at my highest of 270ish there were no red flags when I went to the doctors.

Today (Sunday) I went for a run and half way through decided to stop in at my local Safeway and do a reading…

96 / 53

WHAT? That’s amazing. I had no idea that even just with 6 months of exercise and eating more consciously it could get that good. Thanks Tank for asking and making me get out there and check.

12. Tabitha says:

I totally had my blood pressure taken the day you posted this, while I was giving blood at work, but I forgot to take note of what it was. It was a good number, though, so that’s cool.

Congrats!! That’s fantastic. I remember the first time I had a “normal” blood pressure reading. It felt so good.