Spotted for a Tank at the Gym

1. Steve says:

That’s awesome Tyler.

You’re right dude, you can’t ask just anybody to spot for you. If they can’t support the weight and you’re in trouble, things could get ugly.

Another important thing to note is “don’t be afraid to ask for a spot yourself.” You might be shy and embarrassed to ask somebody to spot you while doing bench presses, but the nano-second of anxiety from asking somebody for a spot is nothing compared to the chaos/danger you could put yourself in if you can’t lift the weight all the way back up!

-Steve

2. Deidra says:

I totally get it! A swell non-scale victory…go, Tyler, go!!!

3. crinthia says:

That is amazing, and I am sure you felt pretty awesome when he asked you to spot him. Congrats on your accomplishments and thank you for inspiring people like myself and others.

4. Joy says:

Yeh! That’s awesome. ^_^

5. Leah says:

That is AWESOME!

6. Cory says:

I don’t know, I’m still trying to figure out where your stomach went. LOL!

7. Sarah says:

Thanks for posting this Tyler. I needed a reminder that, while this is going to be a long road, it will totally be worth it!

8. fatbride says:

That’s really really awesome and must have felt so good after all of your hard work!

9. Mshell says:

SSSAAAAAAWEEETTT!!!! 🙂

10. Lucas says:

What a marvelous non-scale victory for you! I bet you walked out of that gym just a little taller than when you went in. 🙂

11. Mary Lutz says:

Funny story of how I found your blog…from the Thesis theme website. I’m considering getting the Thesis theme for a couple of my blogs.

Anyway, WAY to go on your weight loss!!! You’re very inspiring! I’m subscribing so I can keep up to date on your continued progress and success. Feel free to come cheer me on too 🙂

12. Vanessa says:

LOVE this story! This is a reality check that we can live with! Like seeing yourself in a mirror at the mall…and not recognizing yourself. Hey but it’s YOU!!!!! Your image has changed Tyler and the reflection is true.

13. Jennifer says:

Woo hoo!

14. kate says:

Awesome.

15. edward says:

Way to go bro…my storys similar to yours…two years ago I started at 292 dropped to 207 and benchd like 165 lbs. And now I’m 270 and benchin 365 I’m at 11 percent bodyfat…with enough push and commitment you can do anything you want..