Week 82: Weigh-in Results

1. MikeW says:

Do I see any difference? Absolutely!

Just scrolling back a month and there is a big difference with your stomach, arms, and back. You are making great progress, and continue to inspire.

2. Jill says:

Your biceps are definitely more defined. That’s why I have such a problem with the scale; it’s almost like the blind leading the blind. The scale doesn’t know what’s going on inside your body, and neither do you (well, the passive “you” – obviously YOU know what’s going on, but so many others don’t and get discouraged quickly; like I used to). I’m going for a Bod Pod test today to see how my overall body composition is doing since the scale has literally been at the exact same number for 8 weeks now!

3. Jill M. says:

hey there..Tyler. You are such an inspiration. The scale is so untrustworthy. I found your site off of nerdfitness.com, and I’m a member a JillianMichaels.com. One member of that site posted an awesome thing about not trusting the scale. This member mentioned the “trousers of truth.” He said the scale might lie, but your trousers will not. If the trousers don’t fit, something’s going wrong. After 25 pounds down myself, I have pants on this morning that I haven’t worn since Spring, and they are quite loose. I had to tuck the ankles into my socks because it’s raining today in Northern Virginia. 🙂 Keep up the good work! I’m struggling to get off the weight as I have hypo thyroid. I’ve got about 70-75 lbs to go.

4. I just posted in my blog yesterday about how ANGRY I was at my weigh in that I was 2 lbs heavier than I was last week when this is the week I started walking a mile 6 days a week. I log everything I eat and cut my RDI from 2600 to 2300, I’m only drinking 32 oz of water daily (trying to get back into the habit of 64oz) but heck I shouldn’t have gained a pound. Then I thought about it…. hey, I’ve actually stuck to a workout/exercise plan for a week and not once did I say “I’ll do it tomorrow”. I also made my breakfast, lunch, and dinner at home and prepared 1 weeks worth of each in advance. I’m pretty darn proud of myself and I know the weight will come off 🙂

5. And Tyler there’s a HUGE difference in your appearance… anyone who doesn’t see it is nutz. Every week you can see changes. It’s amazing and so inspiring. Thank you for sharing your journey.

6. BossyMommy says:

Hell yes I see a difference! You GO, your hotness!

🙂 Still love ya.

7. Mshell says:

WOW!! to me, your stomach looks AWESOME. Keep up the good work!!!!

8. Dawn says:

I definitely see a difference. You’re doing great. Hang in there.

9. Cory says:

Dude your STOMACH!!!!! Where did it go??? Great job 🙂

I’m sucking it all in. ALL of it. 🙂

11. ali says:

Wow … you’re looking good! Really!

12. Lisa R says:

Goodbye flab, hello six-pack!

You’re absolutely right. The scale is the blind leading the blind. It only tells you if you used the restroom lately, if you’re eating light meals (not necessarily low-calorie), or if you’re storing a lot more water. The scale is only TRULY a measure of weight loss when used every two weeks or even monthly.

Hi Jill! Glad you found the site. I appreciate the comment, good luck with your weight loss journey!

You definitely should drink some more water. And, you should be proud. The weight WILL come off, just keep going 🙂

Thanks for sticking around. You’ve been here forever.

I don’t know about that 🙂

18. mimi says:

your stomach!! OMG are you really sucking it in?? Coz it disappeared!! You need to do a side by side comparison pic from when you stopped weighing yourself to now!

19. Toto Goldstein says:

I have definitely seen a loss of the ‘extra skin’ you used to have. You think the working weights have reduced that?

Absolutely. The weights haven’t even made me “bulky,” it’s just toning me up and getting rid of the loose skin.

21. Nathan says:

What a change compared to your 344 pic.