Week 87: Weigh-in Results

1. Laura says:

This week my personal trainer pushed me harder than I have ever been pushed before.
    I lifted 120 (100, 80, 60, 40)kgs on the incline leg press, 30 (20, 10)kg on the incline chest press and 46 (32, 24)kg on the seated row. Also 20 (18, 16)kg shoulder press with free weights.
    That is massive for me.
    She had me doing pyramid training so these weights were only lifted for 4 reps and then lowered (see weights in brackets above) and 6 reps were completed and lowered once more with 8 reps completed (with the exception of the incline leg press, I did a 10 rep and also a 12 rep set).

I realised when doing the shoulder press with 20kg free weights that i was lifting the amount of weight i have lost in the last year. It was amazing.

2. Funny that you mention giving blood on Tuesday. I donated then as well. It gets easier the more and more you donate. I never even feel dizzy when I do it now. Just usually really thirsty for a while afterward.

3. Daniel says:

Last weighed in on last Sunday. Lost until last Sunday another kg (2.2 lbs), alltogether I’ve lost 25kg until Sunday (or 55.11lbs) since I started out on 9th of June (been 102 days). Going to weigh in myself again on Saturday, hopefully I can keep my weight for one week instead of keeping on losing it so rapidly (I’m majorly afraid of my metabolism going into caveman mode :x)

4. Kyle says:

Thanks for posting the calorie/gym info Tyler!

That is amazing. I think it’s amazing looking back at how I used to look and how I looked now. I also like how I can lift 3-4x more than I could when I first started.

I didn’t feel dizzy, I just was bored really. I got home around the time I typically go to the gym. With no gym for the first time in ages, I just decided to get a good night sleep. It was wonderful.

You’re welcome!

55.1lbs is awesome in 102 days. Good luck with the weigh-in this Saturday, let us know how it goes next week!

9. Eric Walker says:

Have you always been eating 2000+ calories during your weight loss?

10. You’ve made a lot of great progress so far. Thanks for sharing this journey with us and serving as an inspiration for others.

Keep it up with your fitness culture.

Steven

(btw, I found your blog at ProBlogger)

11. Nathan says:

I love to workout. About 2 years ago I was around 97kg. I am at 88kg now – I ride a lot, I have shed most of my weight suffering on the bike – however it is so much easier to lose weight counting calories – you blog has taught me this – THANKS!

Cycling – guys often talk about the three R’s when it comes to weight loss – Restroom, Road, and Refrigerator.

12. Myra says:

When you’re in pain from cardio, do you use the ellyptical? Sorry, I just started reading your blog so maybe you already do that. Shin splints are painful! But the ellyptical is a miracle making machine that offers very little in the form of suffering! lol. Some days I just hop on the ellyptical for 10 or 15 minutes. Psycologically, as long as I’ve done SOME cardio that day, I’m careful with keeping my snack machine in check! Walking the dogs never counts for me (too easy), but sometimes I’ll even hop on the stationary bike and go 5 minutes, maybe 10. Every day is cardio day for me, it’s just my body type and what I need. I went from 215 lbs to 123 lbs and I am never going back. I’m excited to read your blog as it’s always so invigorating to see someone else conquer very slowly and deliberately their war with their weight. Keep it up!