Tip: Plan Meals and Activities Ahead of Time

1. Mary Ann says:

Grocery shopping is really where I win or fail. As long as I stock my fridge and shelves with healthy meal components (and healthy snacks, forgetting those is bad for me) I do pretty well. I could definitely do better with meal planning, as most of the time I only have a vague idea what I am going to make for dinner, but I always have a few fallback go-to easy meals.

Thank you for the inspiration, my boyfriend and I are both counting calories (we’ve been tracking via SparkPeople) and each lost around 5 pounds this last week.

2. David says:

I am currently struggling with the weekend weight gain. to be honest. I will be 5lbs down before Saturday. Then Monday morning i will be back at my beginning weight. Need some activity on the weekends and plan my meals.

3. Ms Mel says:

Sometimes I buy the best healthy groceries but then stress and unexpected changes in my day send me to other less healthy choices. In the end, every time I go “off plan” and eat as convenient for even so much as one meal, my weight skyrockets. I’ve put on and lost the same 4 lbs in October for this very reason. Frustration abounds when this happens!

4. SC Mom says:

Having a toddler is one of the quickest ways to lose weight! Not everyone has that luxury, though, so your count calories/exercise lifestyle will have to do for most folk.

5. Tmc says:

I basically live at Subway…eat two foot longs a day usually a club and a chicken terryaki. Maybe I have a cookie or two along with some oatmeal in the morning. Somedays ill just have a salad at mcdonalds. I always have diet soda and water. I dont drink my calories. I have lost 140 pounds in little under a year though.

But I will go and pig out a few times a month lol. I love The Olive Garden. Im pretty lazy as well. I only walk on my treadmill once or twice a week now for about 20 min a pop. I used to do it everyday but Im just happy with staying at 193 which usually works. Better then they 332 i used to weigh haha.

Holidays though…I…Dont…Care. I eat. There is just to much lovely food to worry about a few days of weight gain for me! I go back to my egualr eating after and I dont feel guilty one bit!

Good luck, tell your boyfriend the same. I wish I had the luxury of only stocking healthy foods, but alas, I have a near 2-year old. She gets to eat whatever she wants and I have to avoid a lot of it!

We need some kind of weekend support group. I do fairly well these days, but I used to do atrociously.

I know what you mean — stress or some event will make you go, “Oh, it’s okay to eat this or at this restaurant instead of this meal.” Planning, preparing a cooking a meal that isn’t the best tasting (at least that’s who most folks think) isn’t near as appealing as getting something fast, cheap, and hits all the right tastes buds.

Too bad that kind of stuff hits the belt, as well.

Very true! It really all comes down to diet at the end of the day. An exercise just creates a bigger calorie deficit, but if you only eat 1,900 calories and your body needs 2,200 to survive, you’re going to lose weight. Simple as that!

That’s a practical lifestyle. I like it. Congrats on losing the 140 pounds, as well, that’s amazing. I bet you love it!