Week 92: Weigh-in Results

1. Alex G says:

You’re very right about weight fluctuation. I generally eat a relatively low carb diet because I find I don’t react well to them. I ate dumplings and a slice of cake for a friend’s birthday on Saturday and gained 6 pounds overnight. It has to be water weight. Week to week weigh ins allow you to make sure you’re not going way off course but monthly reports are the real way to track progress. Keep up the persistence, each day gets you closer to Tyler the Tank (TM).
    I’ve finally reached my target bodyfat percentage of 9%. My plan is now maintenance: find out exactly how many calories it takes to stay this way.

2. Nunya Biznass says:

My plan is to keep losing weight… i’ve lost 120 pounds so far in about 2 years and I have a little bit more to go!!

3. chris_in_cal says:

Tyler,

Random question: how tall are you? I’ve been on a nice fitness/weight loss routine over the last few months. I’ve been gently talking to a friend of mine about his situation. I’ve linked to you a couple of times. Yesterday he mentioned that he was impressed with your sleep apnea changes, and that he believe he is close to 344 lbs. himself. So, I’m just wondering your height, I’m guessing it is just about the same as his. If so, it might be another piece of the puzzle for him to relate to your story and relate to the idea that ‘it can happen’.

chris_in_cal

4. Bonnie says:

Who cares about the weight gain! Look at that .7% loss of body fat! That’s the improtant number. That means you lost fat and gained muscle!!!! Woohoo. That’s the best of both worlds.

I’d love to get to a bodyfat percentage of 9% — I dream for that day.

Congrats on the weight loss!

Hey Chris — I’m 6 feet, 1 inch tall.

Exactly right. I’d gain weight any day of the week if it meant getting rid of fat and gaining muscle!

9. Julie says:

I eat a lot less high glycemic carbohydrates and more low to moderate ones. I almost never have bread or cereal for breakfast any more. I eat greek yogurt with a low glycemic cereal like Uncle Sam or put some flax seed on it. When I do have a sandwich I use a high fiber wrap like Flat Out.

When you reduce or eliminate these high glycemic foods it is INCREDIBLE! I don’t crave any kinds of these carbs at all anymore. I also eat tons of veggies throughout the day. It is work chopping them, but I have managed to make it a habit.

go to http://www.glycemicgourmet.com for more info on the glycemic index…this is how diabetics should eat and how folks who never want to have diabetes should eat…it has changed my life completely and now I choose food, it does not choose me!

10. Nathan says:

I was about to say I am getting worried for you concerning the 21km run, however I see that it is scheduled for March 20th 2011. You have plenty of time to get ready. However curious how are your shorter runs going? These shorter run are very important in the grand plan. Come February when you have to run a longer training run – having some mileage in your legs will be vital.
    Yesterday I took part in the Ironman 70.3 in Kending, Taiwan. The race is a 1.9km swim, 90km bike, and 21.1km run – I did the swim for the relay team and unofficially did the bike part too. Thought about you when I saw ’em doing the running section.

11. Emily D says:

Tyler – do you feel a difference going to the gym daily instead of 5 days/week?