Week 94: Weigh-in Results

1. Kyle says:

Nice job Tyler! Just out of curiosity, can you give me some specific examples of the intensity your machine(s) are set to during these 15-20 min cardio sessions during days you also weight train? I’m in the same boat as you in regards to my lifting, and I think one culprit is I’m doing too much cardio. Thanks!

2. Kelliann says:

I’ve been a follower for a while and you are so inspiring! Thank you and keep up the amazing work!!

They’re set at the highest level intensity for elliptical (20), and the treadmill is set to run at 6.0 or 7.0 depending on my mood. It’s a very effective 15-20 minutes of cardio.

Thanks, Kelliann! Glad you decided to post a comment!

I was the same way. I used to rush the weight lifting, bored, and wishing I could get back to the cardio! But when I injured my IT Band and had to switch up my workouts I grew to LOVE weight lifting. I saw immediately results and I felt great afterward!

6. Stephanie says:

Hi Tyler,
    I’m finally writing after being an off and on again follower since May 2009. I began following when I had lost my first 10-20lbs. I ended up losing 45lbs. Sad to say here I am a year later with that same 25-30lbs to lose again. I injured my back and with not being able to get exercise, my eating also went out the door and I gaind 30lbs back. I remember the day that I got back on the scale and realized I had gained most of my weight back. I wanted to die!!!!! All of that work GONE! I had to make a decision right then and there: Do I give up? Or do I fight? That first couple of days I fought with myself. Asking what was the point? Luckily my good side won and said, “You can do this!” Here I am a 6 weeks later about 10lbs lighter. I wanted to say Thank You! Your site always picks me up when I want to give up. I see you succeed and struggle. And no matter what you keep going. I love your way of thinking about food and exercise. You don’t have to give up everything you love to lose weight. I know because I did it. I just went through some stuff and lost site of my goals. Now, I hope to be back on track! Although now that I have started exercising again my back has been giving me problems again. So I’m hoping to get that fixed, soon. Just wanted to say THANK YOU for being an inspiration! And I’m really proud of you!
    P.S. Where can I go to find out how many calories I should be consuming to lose weight. I have been using weight watchers points but would like to just try counting calories. Is that all you do is count calories, or do you count fat grams or anything else?

7. Will says:

Hi, Stephanie! Saw your post and wanted to throw in my two cents, though in general, I run a little stricter in compliance than Tyler (but, hey, his results speak for themselves!) I’ve read in a few places to multiply your weight by 6 or 7 to get a ballpark on calories to lose weight, which jives with what my trainer has recommended (anyone else have thoughts on this?). In addition to counting calories every day, he has me shoot for a daily mix of 40% carbs, 40% protein and 20% fat. Ideally at every meal (which is really hard to do), but more often than not I just try to balance out by the end of the day. But, as the recent hubbub around the Twinkie diet has shown, if you’re counting the calories, you can eat almost anything and lost weight. It’s more about the numbers, though I think it helps if you’re diet it mainly healthful. I’m trying to incorporate more of the Paleo concepts into my eating. You might want to check it out!

8. Will says:

Oh, hey, I can see your ribs, lol. Nice job.