Warrior Dash in the Carolinas August 27, 2011

1. Oooh! I was reading about that just a few weeks ago. It looks like a lot of fun and something I’d love to be able to accomplish. It’s going to take quite a while before I get to that level though. 🙂 You’re going to have some pretty sweet bragging rights when you finish that race.

2. Tracy Bird says:

I live just outside of charlotte (on the north carolina side) and i would love to run this with you tyler!!!! Just keep us updated and let us know where we can meet up and all before the big day

3. I’m getting together with a small group to do the one in Frederick, MD in May. Can’t wait! 🙂

4. Larry says:

Though my wife thinks I’ve lost my mind, I’ve been seriously considering doing the one in September in Tennessee. Though it is tempting to make the drive over to the one on the border of North/South Carolina.

5. While I can’t make it to the one in SC, I am totally doing the one in SoCal in April. We’ll all need to post pictures of ourselves in our fuzzy hats. 🙂

6. emily (nsfw) says:

ahem…dissing NC? what the heck? 🙂 i’m not too fond of the term carolinas either. north carolina is known for awesome colleges/universities, the banking industry, and amazing mountains and beaches. oh and super awesome people…hahaha!

the warrior dash is actually north of charlotte near where i live, so it isn’t on the border, but maybe that’s getting too picky, lol. my brother and i will see you and mel (and hopefully more of the 344 community) at the finish line!!

7. Mike says:

I was planning on doing the Pennsylvania one in June, but this is certainly a possibility for me.

It certainly sounds like fun, but I’m not ready to commit yet.

8. Janet says:

I saw this on Facebook as an ad and I can’t wait!! I’m so pumped! I’m trying to get my rugby team involved so we have a huge group when we go 🙂

9. Sounds like a great time and lots of funs (not to mention the great exercise). Alas, it’s about 7.5 hours away for me (I’m much closer to Carolyn in Frederick, MD) and I’m just starting my weight loss journey. Good luck with it!

10. Awesome! I am doing the Warrior Dash in Washington State. You guys will have a fantastic time!

11. Mel says:

Glad to see so many are going to try it — either with us or in your own neighborhood. Those who think they can’t do it, here’s some info that might get you thinking otherwise. #1. People can train to do a marathon in 4 months. This race is less than a 5k and is 8 months away. #2. I did FOUR 5k races in my first 6 months on my weight loss journey. The first was after 3 months of working out, and I’d never been in a race in my life before. #3 Any obstacle that looks to hard, you can circumnavigate and still be called a finisher. (See their website about people being afraid of certain parts of the course.) and #4 — The most important to me, is Aug 27th is my 43rd birthday (no kidding) and I’d LOVE to make a whole bunch of new pals and meet as many @344Pounds folks as I can on my birthday.
    I’d also like to add my hubby is stoked that this is what I want for my birthday present. Everyone who participates and finishes gets a medal and a cool warrior hat that makes me think of The Flintstones Water buffalo lodge hats. What more could you want? 🙂

12. Nathan says:

If I am in Kinston, NC during this time period I will do this race.
    NC – more than cheap furniture!!!

13. Janet says:

4 5ks?!! You’re amazing! You inspire me to get over my ‘race anxiety’ that stems from never being in a race before. One of my new resolutions is to jump in and complete 3 races 🙂 Thank you!

14. Janet says:

Awesome beaches because they DON’T have as many tourists to crowd your space 🙂

You should run it with me! There’s 6+ months between now and the race, that’s plenty of time to get to this level. You can do it! 🙂

Good, Tracy. I’ll definitely keep you updated.

You should drive down to the one in Charlotte and do it. C’mon!

You’ll have a support group if you decide to make the drive, Larry. Definitely let me know if you decide to run this race with us in August.

Let me know how it goes! You can give me an idea of what kind of horrible, twisted race I’ve gotten myself into. This thing is going to be tough beyond all imagine, I reckon.

Sorry, I’m one of the southerns that disses the north… and it starts with North Carolina! In reality, I like North Carolina and think it’s beautiful. I don’t know, maybe I’m just jealous that it’s not always embarrassed in the news. It seems that whenever SC has the spotlight, it’s bad.

Commit BEFORE you’re ready, not afterward. What’s the fun in that?

Haha, okay, cheap furniture and tobacco!?

Sure you don’t want to make the drive from Washington state? Only a couple of days, that’s not much to ask… is it?!

What Janet said — 4 5ks is impressive, Mel. You’re probably going to smoke me when we run the Warrior Dash in August. We’ll see! 🙂

25. emily (nsfw) says:

haha i totally understand. you’re right though, it does seem that sc gets a bad wrap at times. see, you are changing that by injecting a bunch of positivity into the mix 🙂

26. Kristin says:

The Warrior Dash is an awesome race. I did the PA one this past October and it was tons of fun. One of the best parts of the race is that tons of people – from all different ranges of athleticism – run/walk it. It sounds intimidating, but it’s not, everyone is there to have fun. We liked it so much that we are doing it again this year (in PA) and talked a bunch of family & friends into doing it with us. I think we are renting a house and making a weekend out of it.

ANYONE can do this race – you get out of it what you put into it. It’s a blast! And, while the course varies from state to state, if anyone has any questions about it, I can do my best to answer them!