Week 97: Weigh-in Results

1. MikeW says:

None! Did not gain a bit. My “official” weekly weigh-in is not until tomorrow, but stepping on the scales the other day actually indicated a slight loss over the holiday weekend. I didn’t count calories on Thanksgiving day, but other than some wine and a beer, and a taste of a couple desserts, I really did not eat much more than I would have normally.

2. Christineb says:

I gained over two pounds, but have already managed to shed one of them and hope to be back on track by the end of the week. Congratulations on not gaining anything over the holiday!

3. I gained over two pounds, but have lost it and more only two days in. I’ve been having focus issues of late, too much of everything (eating and drinking), not enough exercise/gym/Jiu-Jitsu.

And, my hard line relatives are starting to bug me with their comments, but I’ve got to let it drive me, not bring me down.

4. SnowCat MacDobhran says:

I stuffed myself at 3 different houses on Tday, but on Friday I found all I wanted to eat was tea and dried fruit. I didn’t gain, and that was my goal. I recently hit a weight on my way back down that I haven’t seen in 4 years.

5. Sara says:

I am very lucky – I don’t really gain or lose in that short of a period. Losing weight was, for me, more about getting back into equilibrium. I have lost very slowly, and as a result, I haven’t ever had any real gain backs.

6. Tracy says:

Tyler… Dude…. seriously. Have you compared May 26’s photo to you recent ones recently? If you ask me, that is nearly as amazing a transformation as the 344 to 199 pics. Here’s the photo from thenabouts https://344pounds.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/frontsmall.gif I think it is about time for another page of photo comparisons to go up – not just the change in weight, but now the change in loose skin / body fat %. You rock, Tyler.

What an amazing change in such a short time – I have heard people use the loose skin as an excuse for not trying to get healthy because “without surgery it takes years” or “it never goes away!” blah blah blah excuses… Tyler, you are the Excuse Killer.

I also notice that your daughter must have become mobile in the meantime… hahahahahaha

7. Julia says:

Holidays will always be with us. We can enjoy them as long as we can stay on track in the long run. Don’t give up . You look great and are living an active life-style rather than sitting on the side lines. Congratulations!

I haven’t weighed myself yet…I hope the damage wasn’t too bad.

I didn’t count calories Thanksgiving day through Saturday. But Sunday I was back on track!

None?! That sir, is impressive. How much did you end up losing/gaining on your official weigh-in?

Thanks, Christine. Congrats to you, as well, for being able to lose at least one of those pounds so far. Hopefully you’ll shed that other one by today or tomorrow.

It sucks when the relatives don’t support you. While it’s not ideal, I would just let negative comments fuel you. Haters will always hate, as they say, so just shut them up with your actions.

What weight is that, if you don’t mind me asking?

Your body is changing, as is your metabolism. I notice that, as well. When I didn’t have muscles, if I even looked at food I’d gain a pound. Now it seems I can eat quite a bit of food over a short period of time and I won’t gain even close to the amount as I used to when I was just smaller but without muscles.

Very mobile, heh. She’s growing so fast.

I agree with you, I definitely need to put those two pics side by side. I’ll probably do that for New Years, so stay tuned.

Thanks, Julia. You’re right, holidays, family, etc, are really important and we shouldn’t have to care or watch what we eat when getting together. It’s not about what you do in a few days out of the year, it’s about what you do most of the time.

Same, Sunday I got back on track. I like having productive Sundays, if my Sundays are productive the rest of my week normally is too.

17. MikeW says:

I was .8 pounds lighter this week compared to last week. I weigh just about every day, but only record once per week. I do this mainly to double check that the “official” weigh-in is consistent with the day before and after so won’t have some wild fluctuation.