Don’t Waste a Once in a Lifetime Opportunity

1. Miz says:

I agree with you.

I know its trite but I think daily LIFE IS A GIFT THAT IS WHY IT’S CALLED THE PRESENT.

2. Rebekah Pontow says:

Beautiful statement! I’ve made the same comments on my own blog in this post ( http://defeatingmyweight.blogspot.com/2010/01/how-can-we-all-live-cleaner-life.html ) and other posts as well. Life is about living our lives the way God intended us to – healthy and happy!

3. RickGetsFit says:

I’m with ya. I’ve mistreated my body for years which led to high blood pressure, sleep apnea, and diabetes. Ughh!

4. Laurinda says:

Amen Tyler. There is no replacement for the body once it’s gone. I try to remind myself of that every day.

5. Kyle says:

I second that “Amen”.

6. Vanessa says:

Grandmothers bear hearing. Bodies are “mobile homes”. Now, if only we could submit to the truth, eh?
    Excellent focus Tyler!
    V

7. Erica says:

Thank you for this post! I was making great strides towards losing weight last year, but as a grad student, got side-tracked towards the end of the spring semester…which led into summer…which led into football season…which led to all the holidays goodies. I’ve been trying to find a way to get motivated again, and have been using this verse in the process. I’ve been subscribing to your blog for about a year, and now I feel this verse is as a way of God coming full-circle in my life to restore my healthy eating and regular exercising habits. Thank you and thank God!

(For any other Christians out there trying to lose weight, I just finished reading a book called “Made to Crave” about replacing your cravings for food with cravings for God–it’s not perfect in fixing all your bad habits, but I think it definitely gives you some things to think about, and it’s an easy read.)

I sometimes wish I hadn’t waited so long to get healthy.