New Goal is to Lose a Total of 150 Pounds

1. Sheri says:

Tyler I love your outlook! Sometimes I feel being on maintenance is boring and hard and it is, but having a number in the back of my head to reach is a good thing. It keeps me honest, it keeps me motivated and keeps me conscious of what I am eating everyday. Good luck although luck has nothing to do with it. 🙂

2. RunawayJim says:

Best of luck! I’ve had a similar issue with my weight loss journey. In my recent years, my lowest weight was 190. I looked good, but I was actually not very healthy (I had lost 30 pounds due to illness). The problem was, I didn’t take it and run with it to keep myself that way, and I bounced back up another 40 pounds (and then another 10 after losing weight again). I hit my highest weight after the holidays, after attempting to lose a good amount of weight last year. I did lose 15 over the course of the year, but started to gain it back mid-summer. My goal last year was to average 1 pound lost per week. I didn’t make it. But that’s my goal again this year. Only this year, I don’t care if I don’t make it. I just need to keep it off. Ideally, I’ll have lost between 40 and 50 pounds. I’ll be happy with 30. I’m not sure how I’ll do, but so far so good. I lost 5 pounds in the first week of January, which was all the weight I gained between Thanksgiving and Christmas time. I gained a little back, but I’m back on a slow, yet steady decline. I just gotta keep working at it.

3. Coryad says:

You can do it!

4. Alex G says:

That’s a great goal Tyler! I’m looking forward to seeing you achieve it.

5. RickGetsFit says:

150 sounds very doable, without losing muscle. Can’t wait to see the loose skin shrinking, as well. Cheers, Rick

Thanks. Glad you’re still here after all this time!

7. Goals are good. Sure. I’d like to loose a lot of weight, get into that medium shirt like you just did and lots of other stuff but if I don’t have something to aim for it’ll be easy to slack off and tell myself I’ll do better tomorrow.

I have a goal weight of 180 lbs, down from a high of 302.2. I’m at 295 so I have a long way to go which is why it’s important to keep the ultimate goal in front of myself. I’ll probably do “milestones” like every 10 lbs or 10% (which would be 30 lbs), 20% etc. The real deal is 180, though.

From you photos it doesn’t look like you have too much loose skin.

8. ScaredyCat says:

Nice guns, brah!

9. Shrinkella says:

I’m really glad you said that about the loose skin. That’s a big concern of mine. I have been reading another blog where the author just had a whole body lift to get rid of the loose skin, and it sounds horrible! I do not want to go through that. Congrats on the weight loss! It is very inspiring!

10. Jacey says:

Wow. Nice new after pic! Them’s some guns right there, baby. 🙂

I love your no-nonsense, straightforward approach to your health and to weight loss. That’s my boy.

11. Patten says:

As a straight male, all I can say is…damn, those are some guns!

I’ve written about this before–how the “number” changes once you reach your goal. My goal was 150 pounds. I reached that and then continued to lose another 7. I didn’t stay at 143 for very long. I’m about 147 now. I’d still like to get to 140 but at this point it’s just vanity.

13. David says:

You and a metric ton of other blogs (along with my wife) have inspired me to begin losing weight, as well.. I started at 367 and as of today am at 336, so I have a long ways to go, but I’m getting there slowly. Thanks for the updates and encouragement! 🙂

I like to keep things simple, what can I say?

As as straight male… thanks.

16. Christiana says:

have you considered trying the lean gains approach? It might help with the last few. You look great btw, you were a huge inspiration when I was trying to lose weight for my wedding (and life!).