Week 105: Weigh-in Results
This weigh-in was created using a new scale. While I was hoping a new bathroom scale might be calibrated differently (telling me I weigh less), that was unfortunately not the case. It does, however, make my 209.0 easier to see in the dark.
Weekly Update (#105)
Someone can go back through the entire blog to count if they’d like, but I believe this is my fourth scale. This is the first scale, however, that I’ve ever been given for free.
It’s the best scale I’ve ever owned.
I get a lot of companies, probably over two dozen, offering to send me their products for free on a weekly basis. They want me to say that I use their products on the blog for (hopefully) obvious reasons. Luckily for you and my pride, I ignore almost all of these inquiries. I’m offered all kinds of things, from food to free personal training sessions, to yoga mats and even an expensive BodyMedia armband. All declined.
I didn’t decline an offer for this scale, though. I don’t mind endorsing things I’d actually use and could recommend to others. I can recommend a bathroom scale without guilt, especially the nicest one I’ve ever used.
Benefits of my new EatSmart scale over my previous rejects:
- Bigger, clearer, easier to read numbers.
- Lights up, so I can step on the scale and see my weight in the dark. My scale is in my bedroom and I weigh myself at 4:45 AM, now I don’t have to wake the wife.
- Instant weight — no calibration necessary. You step on the scale (no tapping) and in a second you have a weight. My daughter weighs 28.6 pounds!
- Insensitive. With my last scale, I had to stop breathing for a few seconds or it’d tell me I was off balance. This thing is accurate, even with tons of movement.
- Cheap. I think the scale I bought at Wal-Mart was like $32. This is $28.
Now, as far as using this new scale, I hope to test it out by seeing what it’d look like with the number 1 in front, instead of that silly looking 2. I had a little set back last weekend due to my wife’s birthday (Outback, big brunches, etc), but I’ve already lost the weight I gained over the weekend and am full steam ahead.
I’ll be strong the next 7 days and we’ll see what I weigh next Wednesday.