Week 105: Weigh-in Results

1. Amanda says:

I bought this exact scale off of Amazon.com a few months ago and I have nothing but raving reviews about this scale. I also love that it came with a tape measure so I can track inches lost along with pounds!

I promise I don’t work for the company, but I have to recommend another one of their products. Their kitchen digital food scale. It is amazing and incredibly easy to use. It is the most accurate food scale I have ever purchased and the price is great too! (approximately $25, depending on where you buy it).

Eat Smart definitely makes great products and I’m glad you decided to take them up on their offer for this scale! I have recommended their products to everyone I know and will continue to do so. I’m glad you are too! 🙂

2. Thanks for the review. I’ve gone through two scales that supposedly tell me everything about my body there is to know. The first one took a ton of batteries and needed tapping The second one goes through a long routine to calibrate before I can step on it, What a pain! I realized I just want to step on a scale and see the weight.

Plus, this scale seems to be hugely less expensive than the others.

3. Melissa in Montana says:

I got this same scale for Christmas! I love it. I feel like the result is rock solid. It weighs me the same no matter how many times I step on it. Great scale!

4. Kim says:

One question on the scale – what is the weight limit? A lot of scales (as you know) only go to about 330 pounds or so. I couldn’t find one that went higher for under $60….

5. The weight limit on this scale is 400 lbs according to the description on Amazon.

6. Cory says:

Off to purchase!

Nice. Make sure to take a picture with it, too, like I do 🙂

Yep, 400 pounds is the limit. I don’t know of many scales that go higher than that, especially not cheap ones.

I’ve actually had it in my house since it arrived a couple of weeks ago, I never opened the box thought until a couple of days ago. I didn’t think a new scale would make such a difference, but I was wrong. I love this thing, it’s just so much more convenient to use.

Your experiences with scales seems a lot like my experiences, Ken.

If I REALLY counted calories like I did when I first started losing weight, or if I had a dietary condition that required it, I’d definitely pickup their food scale as well. I have no hesitation recommending this company or their products to people.

12. suzanne says:

Looks like a very good scale! I will have to check that out and maybe check out their food scale.

13. RickGetsFit says:

That is a great looking scale. How high does it weigh up to?

Nice, you should!

15. MsMel says:

I know you’re not thrilled that it didn’t give you a lower number, but the fact that it isn’t hyper-sensitive, is reliable and lets you use it well in the dark all sound like great attributes for a scale. Just goes to prove you don’t need to spend huge amounts to monitor your progress.
    BTW, I use a Bodybugg by BodyMedia and I love it. The readouts are pure honesty about the steps I’ve taken and calories burned each day. That combined with the scale give me feedback I cannot deny.

16. Konqueror says:

Curious? I 362lbs and very unhappy with this weight. My body type is walrus. I have a huge amount of muscles covered by fat. I am curious if I should pursue “all out” cardio at this weight…drop about 50lbs…then pick the weights backup? Thanks in advance.

Konqueror

17. Sarah says:

Hey Tyler,
    Like reading your blog. I think you should start taking the freebies from the companies and giving them away on here and letting us write in about the use. The way you stick with this day in and day out continues to amaze and inspire me. Thanks!
    ~Sarah
    PS – I started using a BodyMedia armband and I love it as well. Totally awesome to see what you burn vs. what you put in.

18. I reviewed the same scale and replaced a junky old scale we had upstairs in our master bath with it. For now I still use my Tanita that gives body fat and water composition but I’m finding myself not using that data anymore so I may be going back to the simpler models like this one. Love the big, well lit readout.