Before you give me your “unique” situation and tell me why you can’t lose weight, select from the following rebuttals to find the one that applies to your excuse:
- You’ve got plenty of time.
- You’re not that tired.
- You know how to do it.
- Your metabolism is not that slow.
- You’ve got plenty of money (you don’t need any).
- You don’t have to exercise to lose weight.
- You do not have a thyroid problem.
- I understand you don’t eat “that much.” But you do.
- You don’t need the support of your family.
- Motivation isn’t required. Motivation doesn’t burn calories, moving does.
Why even try to lose weight if the deck is stacked against you, right?
I was able to pass the blame for being 344 pounds onto so many other things. By doing so I allowed myself to consume 5,000+ calories a day guiltfree. I was slowly eating myself to death, but it wasn’t my problem, right?
Stop with the excuses.